If you hate grocery shopping and would prefer to do it from the convenience of your home, then you have to check out Wal-Mart’s Pickup Service. You never have to step foot into their store again!
Welcome to Try Something Tuesday where every Tuesday I try a product, or service and give an honest review of my thoughts.
I don’t know about you, but I have a love/hate relationship with grocery shopping. When the mood strikes me, I love it, but I hate crowds, and if I have to bring my daughter along, then I’d rather stab myself in the finger. It usually turns into the longest shopping trip of my life, and she has at least two meltdowns.
About a year ago I learned about the Wal-Mart pickup service and was intrigued. I also have a love/hate relationship with Wal-Mart, love the prices but pretty much hate everything else about the store. I don’t honestly buy a lot of my groceries from Wal-Mart anymore since I purchase a lot of fresh produce and minimally processed food, but there are a few staples that are cheaper at Wal-Mart.
I try to avoid going into Wal-Mart since I walk in for five things and $80.00 later I’ve bought a lot of random crap I don’t need. My thought was if I could order my food from Wal-Mart’s website I could potentially save time and money.
How it works:
First, you want to make sure this service is available in your area,
- To do this click on All departments on the left-hand side of their website.
- Then select food, household, & pets.
- You will need to choose the Grocery Pick-Up and Delivery button.
- You will enter your zip code which will tell you if the service is available.
- From here you can see various categories or you can search specific brands of food
- Once you find what you are looking for, you can add to cart.
- Once you’ve selected all of your groceries, you can check out and schedule a time to pick-up your groceries.
A few things to know.
- After you’ve made your first purchase and you’re ready to order again, it has a list of your “essentials” that can be added to your cart which is great if you order the same products.
- To utilize this service, you must hit a $30.00 spending minimum.
- They also have a section called “Inspired by your history” which are product recommendations based on your purchase history.
- If you request a particular brand, they will substitute with a different brand if they are sold out with your approval. I consider this good and bad. Good because I’ve been upgraded on products before and bad because I’ve wanted a specific brand and have been downgraded to generic.
- The best part of the whole experience is you don’t have to take a step inside Wal-Mart. Each Wal-Mart has a designated pick-up area, and not only do they bring you the groceries, but they also load them in the car for you.
- If you use Ibotta, I haven’t found a way to use my receipt to earn money back on my shopping trip. However, you can still use Wal-Mart Savings Catcher.
- You cannot pay with a Wal-Mart gift card.
As stated earlier, I only buy a few things from Wal-Mart, but I wish every store offered this service because it’s a game changer and I’m honestly surprised it’s not utilized more by people, especially by families with kids. We all hate dragging our kids to the store, they bitch, don’t listen, and want EVERYTHING and Wal-Mart has found a way to eliminate that hassle. You save time, and it doesn’t cost extra to use this service. Plus, if you hate crowds, and the hassle of grocery shopping you can do it from the comfort of your home. I also spend less money using this service because I don’t wander the store and end up with random crap like I would in the store.
However, I have two complaints about the service. My first is I wish they carried more brands I buy so I could order groceries online with them more frequently. They also use a ton of plastic bags which I find annoying; I’d prefer shoving as much as possible into one bag, so I don’t end up with 20 new plastic bags. Otherwise, this is an innovative service that has it’s customers in mind. I’d highly recommend using the service and the first ten readers can receive $10.00 off their first purchase free by clicking on my referral link. http://r.wmt.co/eegWd. This means you can get $30 worth of groceries for $20.00!
If you’ve tried this service, I’d love to know your thoughts!