The Wal-Mart Savings Catcher app is perfect for avid shopper of Wal-mart who like to save money on groceries since it was price shop competitors prices for you!
What is the Wal-Mart Savings Catcher App?
So remember when extreme couponing was all the rage, but you had to know the deals for every store? All along, Wal-Mart would honor competitors deals which were great since I was too lazy to go store to store to save .50 cents. Then Wal-Mart made the process easier with the Savings Catcher. Now, you don’t need to remember every sale price to save money. Instead, you can scan your receipt into their app, and they will compare your receipt to other stores in the area. If a product on your receipt is cheaper somewhere else than they will give you a credit which can be redeemed at any time for a Wal-Mart gift card.
How to use the app:
- Download the Wal-Mart app
- Once in the app either create or log in to your Wal-Mart account.
- Then in the top left-hand corner, you will see three lines, click on the lines.
- Select Savings Catcher and scan your receipt.
- If you are like me and too lazy to write or memorize the deals of other stores than the app does the work for you.
- The app is easy to use
- If you shop at Wal-Mart all the time, then this is a perfect way to earn money on stuff you’re already buying.
- If you forgot what was on sale when you checked out, you could still receive credit through the app.
- If you don’t typically buy at Wal-Mart, this may be inconvenient for you.
- If you are on a tight budget, then this app wouldn’t be best since the money does not come off your bill but instead gives you credit.
- If you aren’t good about saving receipts, then this app probably is not for you.
- You could scan the receipt as soon as they give it to you, so you don’t forget to scan it. I would guess they are hoping people are too lazy to scan their receipts into the app.
- If you use Ibotta and Checkout 51 this is one additional receipt you could scan at the same time, it adds 30 seconds to your day.
- I always save the money in my account until the end of the year and use it to buy Christmas gifts.
What do you like about the savings catcher app? I’d love to know!