Vegetable soup with quinoa is packed with nutrients, has good flavor, and is a great recipe to avoid wasting vegetables!
Welcome to Meatless Monday where each week I introduce you to a meat-free meal that is delicious and guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds.
I will admit I’m wasteful with food. I have good intentions at the store when I buy fruits and vegetables, but the truth is I am lazy and too exhausted to prepare vegetables. You have to wash, cut, and cook the vegetables and as the one youtube sensation once said: “Ain’t nobody got time for that.” Okay, maybe it’s not that time consuming, but I’m that lazy. So what ends up happening is some random vegetable will get pushed to the back of my fridge, and a few weeks later I’m pulling it out covered in mold. We’ve all been there, and then I have guilt because I just threw $2.00 down the drain.
Vegetable Soup with Quinoa:
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Onion
- 1 Green Pepper
- 3 Tomatoes Diced
- 2 Carrots
- 2 Red Potatoes
- 1 Zucchini
- A handful of cilantro
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
- 1 container of Vegetable Stock
- 1 Bag of Hodgson Mill Lemon Pepper Quinoa
- Tajin Seasoning
- Add olive oil to Pot
- Chop all Veggies
- Add to pot onions, carrots, and zucchini
- Cook until onion is translucent.
- Add green pepper and potatoes.
- Cook for 7 minutes on medium.
- Add Tomatoes and Vegetable Broth
- Cook until potatoes are tender, approximately 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook quinoa and rice package.
- Once the quinoa is complete, add to soup
- Mix in cilantro and seasonings
- Cook for additional five minutes.
What are your favorite ways to use vegetables? I’d love to know, please comment below.