Strawberry Quinoa Salad is a healthy and savory salad packed with fresh fruit and is perfect for the Summer!
Welcome to Meatless Monday where each week I introduce you to a meat-free meal that is delicious and guaranteed to satisfy your taste buds. The strawberry quinoa salad is a healthy salad full of fruit and vegetable that will leave you licking the bowl, or at least it did for me.
My husband and I recently challenged ourselves to reduce and eventually eliminate sugar from our life. I know, you must think we are crazy, but the truth is he consumes a lot of sugar, and I was turning into the cookie monster, so this change is crucial to our health.
This past week was our first week with our new lifestyle change, and thankfully I made some tasty meals to help us. When my daughter unexpectedly woke up sick, I had extra time to make a healthy and balanced lunch for myself.
I’ve been eyeing the strawberry quinoa salad for years but never seemed to have all the ingredients. Earlier in the week, I decided to plan this as a meal and bought the ingredients. After reviewing the fruits and vegetables, I knew my husband would not eat it for dinner like I initially thought so I went ahead and made it for myself.
First off, he is missing out because this salad is amazing. The green onion seemed to rock this salad to a whole other level for me. Secondly, this was a refreshing salad full of delicious flavor, and the salad dressing was amazing. Lastly, it’s perfect for the Summer since it does not require you to use the oven.
The next time you have a BBQ to attend, wow your friends and family with this scrumptious salad!
- One package of fresh organic spinach
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium sized peach
- 1 and 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 3 green onions
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2 green pepper
- 1/3 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- Cook Quinoa according to the box.
- While Quinoa is cooking, make the salad dressing. I use the Cayman Kitchen Premium Glass Salad Dressing Shaker
- In a bowl, add all of the salad ingredients, except the cashew nuts.
- Once Quinoa is done add quinoa to the salad mix.
- Then add dressing to the salad and toss.
- Top with cashews.
Adapted from: Julia’s Album
What is your favorite summer dish? Please comment below, I’d love to know!