If you love Pumpkin and love apples, then Pumpkin Pancakes with Spiced Apples will be your new favorite recipe!
I love fall, and everything pumpkin flavored. Do I need Milano cookies with a hint of pumpkin? Heck yeah! So maybe I don’t eat Milano cookies, but I was half tempted to buy them today just cause they had a new pumpkin flavor. In all seriousness, I get real adventurous with food when pumpkin is involved and have tried some interesting food for the love of pumpkin.
When I saw this recipe I knew I had to make it but it looked time-consuming since there were a lot of directions and ingredients required. Truth be told, while this recipe has more ingredients than I typically like to use for cooking most are spices and this meal was very quick to whip up. My house smelled amazing, and I felt like a gourmet cook when this meal came together on my plate which is not a feeling I get in my cooking life. If you’re looking for a morning treat that reminds you of fall, then you need to make this recipe immediately.
In my book, the pumpkin and apple combination is the new peanut butter and jelly, peas and carrots, and Sonny and Cher, they belong together! Is it sad I couldn’t come up with a more relevant celebrity couple? I’d say Gwen and Blake but not a fan of the duo. Feel free to throw some celebrity couples out there. The point is, Apples + Pumpkin = True Love!
If you want to kick fall off the right foot, then this is the perfect recipe!
For The Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 1/2 Cup Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. Clove
- 1/2 tsp. All Spice
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 Tbs Melted Butter
For The Spiced Apples
- 4 Medium Apples Peeled, Cored, Small Chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1 Small Lemon Juiced (about 1/4 Cup)
- 1 Tbs Butter, Melted
- 1 Tbs Flour
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Water
- Cut apples into small cubes
- Drizzle each apple with about 1 Tbs. Lemon juice.
- Next, melt 1 Tbs. Butter in the microwave and whisk 1 Tbs. of flour into the butter.
- Add into a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Toss in your apples.
- Allow apples to simmer and cook slowly (Cook about 20 minutes)
- For the pancakes add all of the ingredients except the melted butter and stir.
- Then add your melted butter, stir, and let the batter sit for a few minutes.
- Add approximately 1/4 cup batter onto a pan.
- Allow to cook until the edges begin to be lightly brown should take around five minutes to be cooked.
- Once your pancakes are done top with apples and enjoy!