My reflections of Blogging for the month of June and my top five posts of the month. Spoiler, 4 out of 5 posts are Recipes!
June was my first full month of blogging, and it’s been an exciting ride so far. In my head, I had a vision of how I wanted to run my blog, and the reality is I don’t have the time to dedicate to writing, creating images, being social on social media, and spreading the word about what I’m doing. It’s exhausting since I’m a mom who works full time.
In my head, I was going to write and post one article a day, but editing takes forever since I’m not a great writer, and then I get tired, and I never finish what I’m working on.
So running a blog is a commitment if I want it to be successful but I’ve had a few wins for my first month of blogging
- I haven’t quit blogging.
- People seem to enjoy my content.
- I’ve already exceeded any expectations I’ve had about blogging.
- I’ve learned a little coding, and I redesigned my blog on my own. Well, I followed a step by step instruction, but I still did it by myself without needing my husband to assist.
- Having a blog has helped me think about long-term goals about how I want to live my life which has given me some pretty great ideas for the future.
Goals for July:
- Finally, learn how to create a mailing pop-up list to my blog. I’ve attempted this several times in June and never figured it out but July I will learn this once and for all.
- Continue growing my blog through Pinterest. I’ve thrown together a Pinterest account and pinned a bunch of stuff, but I want to do an overhaul and make Pin-worthy images. I even took a class to help me succeed. You guys, I’m legit about this, well I’m getting there!
- Be more consistent. The only area in my blogging world I’m consistent about is Meatless Monday and Songs of the Week. I’ve enjoyed posting recipes, but it has taken over my blog which is not what I want my blog to focus on. I need to find more of a balance between recipes and everything else I do.
Top Five Posts of the Month:
- Imo’s Pizza: In 4 short days this recipe surpassed as my number one post of the month which is crazy! It’s made me realize two things. People love pizza and a good copycat recipe!
- 13 Things I’ve Learn About Motherhood: My attempts at pretending I’m Buzzfeed were a huge success and it’s made me wonder what else I can give a unique perspective on.
- Soba Noodles Stir-Fry: I was surprised when this recipe took off since it’s something I created for dinner on a whim!
4. Pizza Enchiladas: The people who visited my site love food! I’ve learned any variation of pizza tends to be a hit online, so this means more pizza recipes for everyone!
5. Easiest Pasta Dish Ever: Given the name of the recipe, I wasn’t surprised it was a top post for the month.
So there you have it, my first full month of blogging is in the books! Here is to much success in month two!
Thanks to everyone who has visited and supported me, it means the world!