Ibotta is an app that allows you to earn money at the grocery store, restaurants, movie theaters, and more. It’s simple to use, and I’ve earned $180.00 since I began using it. Here’s how:
What is Ibotta?
Ibotta was founded in 2011 and is my favorite app for earning money. I’ve been using the app (not consistently) for a year and a half and have earned $180.00. Ibotta helps you make money on various products.
For example, if you grocery shop at Wal-Mart you can browse the list of offers and see which products can earn you money. If Wal-Mart has a discount for 25 cents off milk you can unlock the deal by answering a survey, watching a brief ad, or learning about a product. Once you complete the activity, the offer is unlocked and is available for you to redeem.
When you are ready to redeem your offers, you will be required to take a picture of your receipt and the barcode of the product. However, this could vary from store to store. For example, Wal-Mart does not require you to scan the barcode of the goods, but Sprouts does. You can also link your loyalty cards to Ibotta, and if you have unlocked the products before your trip, you will be automatically credited once your loyalty card is scanned.
Once you’ve earned $20.00 in your account, you can withdraw your money from Ibotta and have it go directly into PayPal, or you can also redeem your balance for gift cards.
The downside to Ibotta is they keep moving the minimum cashout value to a higher amount. However, they have tons of rebates, so it’s easy to earn $20.00 if you consistently use Ibotta, which I’m not always sound about doing.
Other ways to make money on Ibotta:
My favorite aspect of Ibotta is you can earn money by referring people to the app. When you register, you are given a personalized link and can refer your friends and family to sign up for the app. Each referral can earn you anywhere from $3-$10 depending on the current referral bonus. Also, Ibotta sets monthly goals for you and your team.
Who is your team? The friends you refer and anyone you are friends with on Facebook. If you and your team meet your monthly goals, then you can earn additional money.
How to sign up:
1.Get the Ibotta app on your tablet or smartphone then click here
2. Register with the app
3. Redeem your first product. Ibotta also has rebates at restaurants, clothing stores, and online retailers. They will give you $10.00 (or whatever their current promotion is) for registering and redeeming your first rebate
4. Once you redeem, your account will be credited $10.00 within 48 hours (or whatever their current promotion is).
5. Build your team with your own referral code
6. Go to https://ibotta.com/r/3rpbvq or you can download the Ibotta app and enter my reference code 3rpbvq to get started.
What the App looks like for Android users:
- Before going to the grocery store, browse the app so you know what products you can earn money back on. Also, if you plan to buy yogurt, it could be more cost effective to purchase Yoplait if they offer 50 cents off compared to your typical brand.
- It’s always best to scan your goods once you get home and have unpacked everything. I have good intentions but don’t always end up scanning my products and receipt because I get lazy.
- Pay attention to the dates the rebates expire. Some are only good for a week so make sure to plan accordingly.
- If you like to try new products, this is an excellent way to explore new brands at a discounted price.
- Make it a competition with your friends and family to see who can redeem the most offers and earn the most money.
- Finally, make sure to check the other categories when you go out to eat, see a movie, or are shopping online!
If you use Ibotta, I’d love to hear your tips and how much you’ve earned back. Good luck and happy savings!