Pizza with a twist. A simple recipe for Pizza Enchiladas for the whole family.
As I’ve mentioned before my husband is a picky eater. Creating meals for us to eat has always presented a challenge for me, and I’ve had to get creative throughout the years. Thankfully, Pinterest has been a lifesaver and opened my eyes and taste buds to new and delicious recipes. One genre of food that stands the test of time with us is pizza. As much as I enjoy pizza, I’m always interested in trying different variations and flavors. When I discovered the Enchilada Pizza recipe, I was interested in the recipe and wondered how it would taste. I was also curious how it would translate using pizza ingredients.
What I enjoy about this recipe is it’s easy to make. It takes more time to preheat the oven then prepare the enchiladas. Also, if you have a family of picky eaters, you can make the enchiladas specific to their favorite ingredients. I prefer my pizza with onions and peppers where my husband likes pepperoni, and our enchiladas can reflect our specifications.
The verdict, this is a great option if you participate in Meatless Monday or are a vegetarian. It’s easy to make, full of flavor, and taste great as a reheat option. You could even make extra and freeze them for an easy lunch option. It’s probably not the healthiest meal you could eat, but it’s delicious, and sometimes that’s more important.
- 6-9 taco size tortillas (I used large tortillas and made 6)
- 1 jar pizza sauce (I typically use a jar and a half since I like pizza sauce(
- Toppings of your choice
- 2-3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour 1/2 jar of pizza sauce into 9×13 baking dish and spread the sauce evenly
- Spread about 2 tablespoons sauce over tortillas.
- Add 4-5 pepperoni’s (or small handful of toppings onto tortilla)
- Top with about 2-3 tablespoons of shredded cheese.
- Roll each tortilla then place into baking dish.
- Repeat until there the baking dish is full.
- Add remaining sauce and spreading evenly.
- Add 1/2 cup shredded cheese onto of enchiladas
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.