I love music, and thankfully my daughter enjoys music as much as me. In 2015 I made a list of her favorite songs and have been documenting her favorite songs since. I will disclaim that people will judge me based on some of the songs on the list, but she’s not listening to rap so it could be a lot worse. A lot of these songs she still loves and we’ve bonded over music. At some point, I’ll share a more updated list of songs she enjoys.
1. Kelly Clarkson- Heartbeat Song:
2. Ylvis- The Fox (What does the fox say?: For weeks my daughter asked me “Mommy, what does the fox say?” I never knew the answer and one day she would not let it go, and I told her we would Google it when we get home. It turns out, it’s this song, and this is one of the strangest videos I’ve ever seen. However, I like this song, and it never gets old for me.
3.The Black Eyed Peas- Boom Boom Pow: Black Eyed Pea songs are always stuck in my head, and I randomly started singing Boom Boom Pow, and suddenly she started singing it. I never claimed to be a perfect mom and the music I listen to is a prime example where I probably could do better in my parenting moments. I just can’t get into Kidz Bop, nursery rhymes, or any kid like music.
4. The Black Eyed Peas- Hey Mama: I used to sing this song randomly and one day she started singing it too. Her favorite part is “Off the Richter, off the Richter, steady are you ready.”
5. Fall Out Boy- Centuries: My husband and I both enjoy Fall Out Boy so it’s only natural she would like a few of their songs!
6. Katy Perry- Roar: My daughter still loves this song, I think it’s on kidz bop cause I was never a fan.
7. Mark Ronson- Uptown Funk: We still love this song and fun fact, it’s the most requested song at weddings!
8. Taylor Swift- Shake It Off: I think the world was obsessed with this song?
9. Lady Antebellum- Bartender: Maybe the fact my daughter loves this song will not give me the mom of the year award but I love this song and sometimes she makes me want to drink and go out dancing with my friends.
10. Frozen- Let It Go: What kid doesn’t love Frozen??
What songs are your kids obsessed with?