Tomato Basil Chik’ N Cutlets with pasta is an easy recipe full of flavor and meat free. It’s so good you won’t miss eating chicken!
Welcome to Meatless Monday, where every Monday I introduce you to an easy and delicious recipe that is meat free. This week I am so excited to share my latest creation, Tomato Basil Chik’ n Cutlets with pasta. This is a recipe I typically make with chicken but decided to switch it up.
This afternoon I evaluated what we had to eat in the house and found in my freezer a box of Quorn Chik’ n Cutlets, which I bought a few weeks ago and had forgotten about.
What is Quorn?
Quorn is my favorite meatless brand, and they offer a variety of products such as chik’n nuggets, bacon, sausage, hamburgers, and crumbles. I love how the brand offers vegan, soy free, and gluten free products. I’ve had the burgers, chik’n nuggets, and chick’n tenders and they are all phenomenal.
So I decided I needed to use the Chik’ n cutlets with my lunch. My initial thought was to add bbq sauce, but instead, I decided to find a recipe and see if these tenders could replace chicken in a meal, which would open some amazing recipes for me on Meatless Monday. Surprisingly, their website did not have a lot of options which meant I needed to take things into my hands.
Tomato Basil Chicken is one of my favorite recipes because it’s easy and is full of flavor. I looked at the recipe and decided this meal would be a perfect opportunity to test out my cutlets as a chicken replacement. You guys, this meal, was the bomb, yeah I realize I’m dating myself, but it was delicious. I had low expectations but was hopeful the meal would turn out great, and it exceeded any expectation I had. I could not get this meal into my mouth quick enough and took about 20 minutes to make which is a win in my book.
I’d love to hear what meals you’ve turned from a recipe with meat to a meatless option; please comment below!
- 2 Quorn Chick’ n Cutlets
- 1 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/2 cup red and green peppers
- 3 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 3 Tbsp cold butter
- 1/2 cup fresh (or dry) basil chopped
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Add a few spoonfuls of olive oil to your pan.
- Start cooking pasta according to package
- Once the oil is HOT, add Chik’ N Cutlets. Turn tenders every few minutes until they are cooked.
- Add in chopped tomatoes and peppers and cook for two minutes
- Then add basil, butter, minced garlic, and black pepper.
- Stir the ingredients together and turn the heat down to low.
- Take the tenders out of the pan and leave it to sit for a few minutes.
- Cut the cutlets and place pasta in bowls.
- Top pasta with the Chik N Cutlets s and add tomato basil sauce.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese and additional basil